Monday, January 12, 2009

thegoodvibez#017





Thegoodvibez#017

My first post of 2009 and I’m starting this year with a banging hip-hop mix cause ya’ll ask for it. I dropped a few big names in there that differs from my no name underground scene but I’m still showing love for the underdogs.

My favorite tracks are: Save Ya by Elzhi featuring T3 from one of my favorite albums from 08 (The Preface) and what blows me away is Elzhi’s lyrical ability to amaze me even tackling lighter subjects like relationships. Luda is back with Press The Start Button and I love the ways he uses the name of videogames as metaphores on this track and that beat is just demonic a straight up booty shaker, last but not least it’s The Cool Kids with Bassment Party from The Bake Sale EP another of my favorites of 2008. On this track The Kids just brought it back to the old school and it works on all the levels, the beat the rhymes, the flow is just nice, I love that old school hi-hat sound. I also have to show love to Young Chris featuring Wale with Searching and I’m highlighting this track mostly because of Wale (His Mixtape About Nothing was genius).

Thegoodvibez#017 track list:

1-BK Anthem ft. MC Lyte / Jay-Z
2-Move / Q-Tip
3-Announcement (Feat. Pharrell) / Common
4-Save Ya (feat. T3) / Elzhi
5-Angels / Ghostface Killah & MF Doom
6-Crack A Bottle (Ft. Dr. Dre & 50 Cent) / Eminem
7-Thugathon ft Lil Fame of M.O.P. / 1982 (Statik Selektah & Termanology)
8-Conglomerate (Ft. Young Jeezy & Jadakiss) / Busta Rhymes
9-Press The Start Button / Ludacris
10-Mash (feat. Rapper Big Pooh & Kay) / DJ Revolution
11-Bassment Party / The Cool Kids
12-Get 'Er Done / Jake One feat. MF Doom
13-Funky Piano (Feat. Bishop Lamont, Crooked I, Styliztik Jones) / DJ Revolution
14-Ladder Of Success (feat. Phonte, Wordsworth, K-Hill, Masta Ace) / DJ K.O.
15-Searching ft. Wale / Young Chris
16-Take It Back (Featuring Marsha Ambrosius) / Talib Kweli
17-All Good / Illa J


Comments and suggestions are appreciated Peace & I'm out

DOWNLOAD

No comments: