Thursday, December 24, 2009

thegoodvibez#021



thegoodvibez#021

Well this is my last post for 2009, I just blasted my blog today with 3 posts and my 2009 in music is ready to be downloaded. It was a very interesting year musically, the indie movement is at an all time high and I also notice that the electro sound is becoming very commercial however good music will always be good music no matter what trend is going on.

Let's jump to my favorite tracks since this is a favorite of 09 I'll pick 5 instead of my usual 3. The opening track The Music Scene by Blockhead is a nice instrumental groove on the jazz tip, I was happy when I found out the Blockhead had a new album out being a fan and all even though it's not his strongest release it's still a solid effort. Then I'll go with Quicksand (Boy 8-Bit Remix) by La Roux and this track's been playing in clubs for a while I cannot deny how effective this track is, it's catchy, dancy but most of all damn good. Now Fading In & Out (Kid Cudi x DJ Class Mash-Up) by The Kickdrums is the perfect example that hip hop still has a few words to say and these words are not about rims, guns and pimpslappin'. Humdrum Town by Theophilus London was my discovery of the year is just straight up fresh and new, mixing electro and hip hop and give it an indie feel and you got a kick ass concept, I just love that song. Sweet Sixteen by Think About Life, this Montreal based band is outstanding I cannot really describe the music it's an amalgamation of so many musical styles (Indie Rock mixed with Electro and Hip Hop) one thing I can say for sure is this track is amazing and I can't wait to hear more from them. Well I said 5 but my favorite album of 2009 is with no doubt Phoenix's Wolfgang Amadeus it's dancy, retro rock the melodies are sweet, the lyrics poetic it's just a gem of an album. as I was writing this post I realised the Lust for Life by Girls needs a shout as well and last but not least (I promise) I Karen O & The Kids with All Is Love from the Where The Wild Things Are Soundtrack (my 2nd favorite album of 2009).

thegoodvibez#021 track list

1-The Music Scene / Blockhead
2-Spring (Air France Remix) / Saint Etienne
3-Pon De Floor [Explicit] / Major Lazer (Switch & Diplo)
4-Positif (Original Mix) / Mr Oizo
5-Quicksand (Boy 8-Bit Remix) / La Roux
6-Your Disco Song / Vitalic
7-Tonight / The Juan MacLean
8-Fading In & Out (Kid Cudi x DJ Class Mash-Up) by The Kickdrums / Kid Cudi
9-Weirdo (9th WONDER REMIX ft. E Jon) / Hollyweerd
10-Humdrum Town (Bonus Track) / Theophilus London
11-Sweet Sixteen / Think About Life
12-Deadbeat Summer / Neon Indian
13-Sing Sang Sung / Air
14-Skeleton Boy (Air France Remix) / Friendly Fires
15-Fences (25 Hrs a Day RMX) (REMIX VERSION) / Phoenix
16-8th Wonder / Gossip
17-Lust For Life / Girls
18-All Is Love / Karen O And The Kids

DOWNLOAD


I said it, I meant it and I’m here to represent it.
Peace & I’m out

GV’z

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool post you got here. It would be great to read more concerning this topic. Thanks for sharing this material.
Joan Stepsen
Wise geek